Are you a practising artist looking for ways to develop your practice, meet like-minded individuals and contribute to a thriving art gallery? We are looking for new artists to become members of our Artist Network scheme – in fact, December 15th is the next deadline for applications. The Artist Network is now in its fourth year and boasts over 40 artists. Developed to support and promote artists in the early stages of their career, it is open to anyone actively pursuing an artistic career and working in any medium of visual art.
The scheme is also a great way to meet our Academician body, to learn from their experience and gain professional advice, and is a great platform for anyone with Academician aspirations. Just this year, one of our AN members, Sara Dudman, became one of ten Academician candidates to be shortlisted this year, and her work, alongside the other nine candidates, has been on display in conjunction with the RWA’s 163rd Annual Open Exhibition throughout October and November.
Artist Network members are entitled to:
- Free entry to all exhibitions
- Invitations to RWA Private Views
- Half-price submission of works to our open exhibitions
- A profile on the RWA website
- Opportunities to socialise with Academicians and Artist Network members at events held at the RWA, as well as being able to view the current exhibition privately
- A monthly newsletter with updates, opportunities and news
- Use of ‘Artist Network Member of the RWA’ on CV
- Access to advice and mentoring from Academicians
Artist Network members are required to:
- Pay a £120 membership fee per annum (either a one-off payment, or a standing order of £10/month)
- Contribute a minimum of 5 days per year to volunteering for the RWA (there are lots of different ways to get involved and we’re happy to listen to suggestions if there are things you feel you could help with that play to your strengths/experience)
- To act as ambassadors of the Academy, helping to promote and act in the best interest of the RWA
Membership is for a minimum of 1 and maximum of 5 years.
How to apply:
Please email your artist CV, artist statement (no more than 300 words) and 5-10 images of your work (please include title, medium, size and date of works) to Jess Kirkby at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions will be subject to selection by a group of Academicians with careers in painting, drawing, sculpture and printmaking.
You can view the profiles of all our current Artist Network members, and view more details about the scheme, on our website at www.rwa.org.uk/rwa-artists/